Wednesday, July 12, 2006

SCORE!!!

I have to update the blog quickly here. I have been extremely busy getting ducks in a row for my upcoming vacation (we leave tomorrow), so haven't updated at all.

I received a call just minutes ago from out of the blue. Remember my post about my family tree hunting and the problems with my dad's side and how my contact dried up on me? Well, Mr. Wood called me much to my surprise just a few minutes ago!!! He said he was going though his desk at work and found my letter from two years ago and wanted to let me know he has since found pictures of my dad's bio dad and he wanted to give them to me! Woo Hoo! He had called my house first and actually talked to my dad and had a good chat with him and told him a lot of info about his bio dad. Mr. Wood said he and my dad had a great conversation. That is so awesome. My dad had told him that I was heading out to Minnesota soon. So, Mr. Wood called me and said for me to call him when we land so I get the pictures from him! I am so incredibly excited you wouldn't believe it. He wants to tell me more about Archie, who was like a second father to Mr. Wood and give me the pics along with associated stories. I CANNOT tell you how excited I am about this and how completely shocked I am after all this time. You can't knock the grin off my face today! : )

Vacations Notes may come during vacation depending on how much computer time I get. I know they will definitely come when I return on the 25th of July.

I bid you all well.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Babaloo said...

That is so awesome! I remember your post about your family tree search. That must be so extremely satisfying. And what a lesson in patience! Can't wait to hear more about it. Enjoy the vacation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home