Thursday, June 29, 2006

Did I say I was done with sickness?

I so lied! Everyone got up yesterday and was getting ready for the day. Roo felt a little warm. I took his temp and it was 99.5. Hmmm, now for the quandary. Do I give him Tylenol and send him off to school? I had absolutely no one to watch him for me and I really had to be at work because I had meetings and my biennial review. Hubby had to be at work too. He was swamped. I call a few people frantically but no one was available at all. So, I decide that my nephew will have to watch the little guy. Roo loves Brad, so I knew that wouldn't be a problem. Brad has been coming and assisting me at work, so he would still be working, but just at my house with Roo. Brad had no problem with it. He wasn't feeling that great himself, so staying home and chilling with seemed just about right for him. Yeah!

Work was fine when I finally got there. Labs went well albeit a few students were really missing the mark. I have no idea what they had for lunch, buy my presumption is that it was totally organic. Honestly, they probably should have been tossed out of class. My meetings and review went just fine. I wasn't worried about my review at all. I know I kick butt at my job, and they know it too. Of course, there were several calls from Brad informing me how Roo was doing. First one was telling me that Roo pulled a tick out of his ear! I almost didn't believe him. Then I remembered Roo was up tooling around in the high weeds/grass on our hillside while picking blackberries the day before. It wasn't biting him (yet) just crawling! EWWWWww! I HATE ticks! Brad did a thorough inspection afterwards to ensure there were no friends left behind. The next call from Brad came shortly before it was time for me to leave. Roo had waken up from a two hour nap and said he wasn't feeling good and was dizzy. Brad kind of freaked because he had never felt someone with a fever before. He did good though and took Roo's temp. Somehow he had accidentally set it the Celsius and got a temp of 39.1. He quickly got online and found a conversion calculator and found that is was 102.3 (exactly what Lyd's had been most of the time she was sick). He found the Motrin and dosed him up. By the time Roo was back asleep on Brad's lap in the rocking chair. It was quite cute really.

Today, Roo is better. He seems to be on a quicker version of this than Lyd was. I stayed home with them today in case Roo required a trip to the doctor. He hasn't needed one yet, but just started to complain about his ear hurting. I don't know if it is really hurting him or not. He was in his cranky mode and when he is like that he complains about anything he can think of at the time. I called the doctor just to be sure, and they had no more appointments for today, but I have one for tomorrow morning. Lyd is taking it pretty easy today too. She is still not feeling up to snuff with this. She is definitely MUCH better, but still wiped out.

I took my car in to get repaired today. It was hit in a parking lot a couple months ago, and I finally made the appointment to get the repairs done. She just banged up my bumper, but it still costs over $1000 to fix it. It is supposed to be done tomorrow, but I don't know if it will be or not. I got a rental car. It isn't bad. A Dodge Stratus. It is a bit clunky in the ride, but hey the insurance company is paying for it, so it doesn't matter.

I ordered the pink dress from JCpenney yesterday. I also ordered shoes, pants and shirt for Roo. I looked at dresses for Lyd, but didn't care for any except for one that came in a 6x as the largest size. She would be too tall for that, otherwise it would fit skinny minnie just fine. I will go shopping for her tomorrow. I have a sitter all lined up and I am taking the day to do some shopping. I am going to go no matter how I feel. I have a cold coming on. No big surprise. Also, the monthly visitor showed up today. I am taking the rest of today off and taking a nap when the kids take naps.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

OMG! I totally want a Brad! All my nephews (of babysitting age) are juvinile delinquents. The one or two that aren't work full time and go to school.

The tick is gross!! I found one on our dog the day after we went hiking...and he sleeps in the kids' room. Ugh, I did everything short of fumigating the whole house.

Have fun dress shopping. I'm jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home