Friday, May 26, 2006

MIA - explanation? Just plain 'ol busy

For a quick recap of the week. I stayed home Monday because Roo was in hiatus between preschools. The preschool at the college ended Thursday last week and Friday was no problem because we have Fridays off now. But, Monday was a problem, and I didn't really feel like farming the poor boy out, so we stayed home and had a grand time. I have no clue what we did last weekend, seriously, no clue at all.

So, Roo started preschool at the school where Lyd goes. I have been trying to get him in there all year but they never had an opening. Yhey did have one (in October), the director gotf sick, and when I called back after she was better, they couldn't take Roo any more because they had lost a fulltime teacher and couldn't take on more kids even though they technically had an opening. OH well, they still haven't hired a new teacher (strict guidelines for new hires). But, I called a couple weeks before the college preschool ended to see if I could at least get Roo into their Summer program. They do WAY MORE academics at this preschool than the college preschool did. They said that wouldn't be a problem, but since we were at the top of the list, they were going to have an opening on the 23rd for Roo if we wanted it. I jumped at it.

So, Roo started Tuesday. He did great with the transition and seems to really enjoy the academic challenge presented there. He likes the work. Teacher told me she was worried about him before he started because so many people bring their kids in to "catch them up for Kindergarten" and the kids know nothing. She was very happy to see that he knew a lot and was able to jump right into the schoolwork they were doing now without a hitch. She said we did a good job with him. Hooray! The only area he needs to really work on is his coloring. I knew this already because he would much rather build rather than color, but what can you do. So coloring practice in in order. They do a lot of it in Kindergarten, so he may as well get used to it now. The teacher also commented on his excellent behavior. Funny thing, both my kids are perfectly behaved at school. Never a time out, never a complaint at all.

Let's see...Oh, I was about killed on the highway yesterday. Crazy nut driving tailgating me with less than a foot off my bumper. I was scared (read, I have been a passenger in a rear ender on the free way like this. NOT FUN...rolled, spun, slammed into a wall, but was okay). There was no where for me to go while she kept weaving from side to side to see why I was going nowhere. Hello, wall to wall traffic *itch! Finally I was in a spot where I could pull over, got her plate number 5HAK688 in a late model Honda Civic. I was on my cell calling the CHP, when she gets over and exits. I am sure she was about 17 heading to the highschool that is off the exit she took. I stopped the call, because I really had no way of knowing where she was going. If I didn't have a meeting I had to be present for, I would have followed her and gave a good scare to teeny bopper. And, if it would have been at the school I would have hauled her happy @ss into the office and made them call her parents. She was damn scary and extremely dangerous. Good thing my kids weren't in the car, or I would have been late for a meeting. I have NO doubt.

So, today is my first Friday without children here. They are safely ensconced in school. It is kind of strange feeling, but I am enjoying it. I am getting us all ready to head to San Jose this weekend. We are looking forward to the trip, but not the traffic. We will just take our time and enjoy it all.

More on Tuesday! Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend!

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

Hey! How was your visit to San Jose? Your freeway incident sounds pretty scary. Stupid B@#&h! Ugh, that just drives me nuts that people are so clueless and feel so entitled when they drive. You handled it much better than I would have. I would have slowed down even more, then sped up everytime she tried to pass. Uh, your way is much safer, BTW. I get too passive/agressive on the roads for my own good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home