Wednesday, July 05, 2006

On the Mend

Finally, we have a semblance of health in our family! Woo Hoo!! No, that deserves two Woo Hoo, Woo HOOS!

I did take Roo to the doctor on Friday. He was wheezing up a blue streak and they gave him a breathing treatment. Doctor prescribed him Augmenten (which he says he does for all his patients who are wheezing if they are not known wheezers). Ahem! You DID NOT do that for my daughter! I had to take trips to the ER and a followup with you before she got that med! He had nothing to say about that, naturally. Roo's ear looked fine though, so that was good. The kids are still sleeping more than usual at this point, but that is okay. The doc said it could take 10 full days for this to clear, or even more. Both kids are MUCH better now the antibiotic. I am soooooooo pleased.

Saturday was a really slow day around our house. We all slept in, but I slept in the latest, as I am fighting off this crud too. After I got up, hubby goes back to bed for a few hours. I take a nap later in the day as well. Roo fell asleep about an hour before I woke up from my slumber. So he crashed about 4:30. Kid must have been kicking but on the germs because he slept through until 7:30 the next morning! We tried several times to wake him up, but he just wouldn't get out of groggy mode. He would say he would get up and then roll over and pull the covers back up. I gave it my last shot 8:00 pm and finally declared him down for the night. LOL.

We had a great Fourth. We had a nice BBQ with a few people over. The kids loved it and fun was had by all. Weather was absolutely perfect for the day. Very warm, but not hot by any means. We topped off the night with a trip to see an aerial display and then our own contributions in our backyard. I could tell this year the kids absolutely adored the fireworks. They liked them last year, but this year took the cake. They were all grins from ear to ear. I took pictures of the aerial displays, and they turned out pretty good. I grabbed my digital camera on a whim. It has a fireworks setting, which is just perfect for other night exposures as well. The shots are a somewhat jiggled because I didn't have a tripod with me and resting the camera on the truck didn't help because we were sitting in the back of the truck and the kids were bouncing all over the place. This is the first year I have ever taken decent fireworks shots! I am so excited. Mind you, they aren't great, but at least you can tell what they are for the first time ever in my firework photo taking career.

I am counting the days until vacation!!! I have most of my ducks in a row for that now. I scored a super cute little suit for Roo at JC Penney. $11.92 included shirt, vest, pants, and a tie. Roo will be using his bowtie though! I will have to take a picture of Mr. GQ. Lydia is presenting more of a problem then I thought. I have an eye on a dress at the Mall, but not sure I want to go for it. I have a few more days on that. I have no idea what hubby has come up with in the suit department. My dress came in and I love it! The shoes are a little big, so I may have to find something else other than what I ordered. We got hubby a nice gray suit last night at JC Penney. It seems to be the place to shop for the family right now.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

Glad everyone is doing better! Hopefully this covers you (from illness) until at least winter time. Your family deserves a break. Have fun on the vacation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home