Friday, May 19, 2006

Fridays

Fridays are going to be much better for the summer. During our summer schedule at work, we go down to working 4 days per week. I love it! I get the extra day to get stuff done at home or head out early somewhere for the weekend. The kids will be out of school so I can plan on special days to the beach or something. They love going to the beach.

Today is a Friday of catch up on things that haven't been done for the past week or more. Vacuuming, laundry, grocery shopping, and all that fun stuff. What is helping to get this done today is the fact that the weather is kind of crummy. Very overcast and gloomy. That doesn't pull me into wanting to get stuff done outside as much. This evening is the Extravaganza at Lyd's school. It is a fund raiser where each of the classes puts on either a show, a game, or something where people give tickets to participate. I know there are pony rides, a cake walk, bounce house and lots of other games. Money is made off the ticket sales. We have purchased our tickets and the kids are very excited about going. There is a BBQ as well, so we may just have dinner there. They have an awesome BBQ there.

Next weekend we will be heading up to San Jose to visit my friend Leah. She is preggers with their second baby and is due in mid June. It should be a good trip. We haven't seen her in a while. I don't look so forward to the traffic up there. It drives me absolutely bonkers. My favorites are the people who just stop in the middle of the freeway with their blinker on waiting to get over a lane. Of course they do this when traffic is rushing by at 70 miles per hour. I am not sure what we are going to do while we are up there, but I think she was thinking of taking us to the zoo and botanical gardens.

Over and out.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Babaloo said...

I am so jealous. Working 4 days a week is like one of my favorite fantasies. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
Anyway, we have tentative plans to go to San Diego next weekend (long weekend, no soccer - yay), otherwise it might have been fun to consider meeting somewhere with the kids, (park, etc)? Maybe next time you come to visit your friend?
Have a good weekend.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger The Great Sparlini said...

OH, I think meeting up at a park would be great when I come up that way another time. Have a great time in SD. Have a great weekend yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home