Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A new day has dawned...

Today, I managed to get everybody out of the house for their intended destinations! Hooray. It did take a bit to accomplish as both kids were out of the get up in the morning mode, but they did rebound just fine.

After Lyd's power nap of four hours yesterday, she woke up a completely different child! She had been on the antibiotic for six hours or so at that point and you could totally tell it was taking care of things. She was perky, wanted to play, and was very pleasant. It was so good to see my little girl back. Now, on the down side, since she was feeling so much better after her power nap, she wasn't ready to sleep at 8, or 9, or 10, nor 11! She was up until 11:30, which just killed me this morning. She was in her room that whole time laying in bed and playing quietly, but you could tell she just wasn't tired yet. I let her watch a movie in there though. So, at this point, I am venturing to guess that if the first doctor HAD prescribed an antibiotic at the first spot of that high fever she would have felt better much sooner. I am just so glad that she is feeling better now though.

Work is work today. I really don't want to be here. I think I need to take day out just for me. Go for a hike, shopping, scrapbooking or whatever without someone needing something every five minutes. I need a little regeneration time I think. Not sure when I will get it though. You would think with all the time I have been at home I would have managed to get more done than I did. I have a pile of laundry a mile high. I am not looking forward to that at all. I need to get more fabric softener before I commence with the washing though. Now, I did manage to watch a movie all by myself late Saturday night. I couldn't sleep and I have had this DVD laying around for a while that someone gave me. GI Jane with Demi Moore. No, not a fine feature film, but it was mildly entertaining and it was a little bit of good R & R. The Navy s.e.a.l academy they portrayed was very different from the 3 hour documentary I saw on it several years ago. MUCH different. Albeit extremely hard, physically and mentally draining, it wasn't the Hollywood version of explosions around every corner.

We are getting ready to leave on vacation on the the 13th of July. I am so ready! I am still looking for a dress for an evening summer wedding. It isn't formal, but definitely semi-formal. The colors for the wedding are black and white. Most guests are going to be wearing black from what I gather. We are also getting family photos taken at the event. I guess I have been putting off shopping because I am soooo unhappy with my body right now. I can't imagine trying to look nice in a dress. I will manage, and I am sure I am blowing it all out of proportion. I know I keep saying that I need to get it fixed, but fixing it ain't easy! I do need to do it though. I am also shopping for a dress for Lyd. She will be easy. She looks absolutely fabulous in anything at all, and she wears dresses much better than her mother. I am never at ease in a dress. She most certainly is and is so feminine in her manners and posture. She is a Ms. Manners natural! Roo only has one request for the wedding. He wants to wear a bow-tie. Cool with me. I ordered him a cute little black one and now must get the other stuff for him. My husband is a different matter. He let moths eat his last suit, so I am reluctant to get another for him. I am currently looking at this dress or the wedding. I am so not well versed in these matters. Would this be appropriate for the wedding? Should I get it in black like I am thinking, or should I get the pink?

I think I have mentioned our destinations for this summer but it bears repeating. First, we are headed to Missouri for the wedding, but the most exciting part for me is looking at houses while we are there. I am setting aside two days for that. I have a list of houses I would like to see. I don't know why, but I love looking at houses. I always have. Hubby and I used to regularly go to the new developments and check out the new houses. Maybe I missed my calling as a realtor. After Missouri, we are heading to Minnesota to cap off the trip. I will not be looking at houses in Minnesota, but rather spending time visiting family and parading the children around the sites of the town. They are very anxious to Lake Superior and touch it's very COLD water.

I think it is time for lunch.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Babaloo said...

I like the new template! I thought I was in the wrong place at first! That JCP dress is nice. I like the pink better, but if you are supposed to wear black or white, then? I guess you'll have to go with the black? My last two "attending a wedding" dresses have been from there. I don't like wearing dresses to much either. It's fun to dress up, but usually half way through the evening I'm thinking about being at home in my sweats!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger The Great Sparlini said...

Thanks! I like the new template too. The other one was too dark for summer time. I am going with the pink dress. We don't have to wear black, my mother in-law isn't, and I am certain many other people won't be. Pink is fairly neutral so I should be able to be in the pics without clashing. I really like JCP stuff. You are right, it is fun to get dressed up, but that only last for so long before sitting in a hot bathtub starts sounding much better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home