Thursday, March 02, 2006

Where have I been?

It has been half a month plus since I last posted? What a complete slacker. Honestly, it reveals how incredibly busy I have been the past couple weeks. I have had a few drafts started for the blog, but didn't get back to them in time and they were swiped by the byte nazi at blogger.

I have tons of pictures to post tomorrow. Won't have time today since work is crazy and I have my annual exam which is overdue. I am stunned I actually am thinking ahead and recall the first day of my last cycle. I don't know why but this question usually surprises me every time I go to the gyne. I usually never remember at all when my last cycle was, so I guess I am ahead of the game today.

Lyd turned 6 on Sunday the 26th. I can scarcely believe that is has been 6 years since she was born weighing in at a whole 1 lb 9 oz. That just seems like it must have happened to someone else these days or that I watched the entire thing as a movie rather than lived through it. We had her first real party. We missed last year because she was sick as a dog. So, this year she invited friends and classmates and we did the whole birthday routine. We got a huge bounce house. This was definitely the hit of the day. We also played games and did a pinata which the kids loved as well. We were threatened sporadically with fat raindrops but they would stop as quickly as they started. I was thrilled because I did not want to do all the games in the house. It was lots of fun, but lots of work as well. I KNOW why people rent places out to handle these things. We may have Andrew's party at the local kids museum in April. He will be five!

Work has been very crazy. It just seems that there is never any down time anymore. I am thinking of proprosing a week off of labs each semester so I can get caught up on stuff. They can do a lab that doesn't require support from the prep room such as molecular models or something. It would do me a week of good for that to happen. I hope they go for it. On the upside, I finally got a brand new monitor at work! I have been getting hand-me-downs. They are hand-me-downs for a reason. They suck and should just be tossed to the computer recycler. I am now sporting a 19" NEC flat panel. It is huge! It also takes up much less space on my limited computer desk, so that is a major plus.

I have been doing the Nordic Track exerciser, though not as much as I should be doing. I need to get back to it. I haven't managed to lose any weight yet though. Grrr. Perhaps birthday cake has something to do with that. I really do need to lose 40-50 lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home