Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What a fantastic ocean!

Yesterday was a typical Monday. Nothing major to report, but it was Monday. Both kids stayed home yesterday. Andrew is fighting off the same chest crud I am battling currently. Lydia was home with an intestinal ailment. Mark offered to stay home with them, so that made it easy in the morning.

On the way into work yesterday I had a serious hankering for an Old West Cinnamon Roll! There is a place in Pismo Beach that makes the BEST cinnamon rolls. The coffee shop I frequent carries these rolls fresh every day from the source. I drove by the coffee shop and had no intention of waiting through 10+ cars to get my coffee and cinnamon roll so I just kept driving. As I was driving, I figured I could try the actual source of the cinnamon rolls. I drove through sleepy downtown Pismo. In less than a minute I was happily driving and munching on a most delicious cinnamon roll completely satisfied. Well, I should have known something was up because after I got to work I was feeling a little...Shall we say crabby? As it happens the monthly curse came for a visit. The insatiable hankering for something sweet should have tipped me off. I never used to experience PMS, but the past 6 months or so I have noticed a bit of a trend towards it, and I don't like it at all. It just isn't right. First, women have to endure the monthly curse, but no...There's MORE! You get to be a complete crabby bitch to top it all off. It isn't right I tell you. It sucks. I hate feeling like that too, but yet I wander around grumbling about everything and daring anyone to take jab at me just so I can practice my well rehearsed rhetoric on them......Please just rip my uterus out. I don't need it anymore anyway.

I sure have been griping in my posts lately. I will have to amend that. Now, on the way home yesterday and back to work this morning the ocean was absolutely beautiful with some fantastic surf going on! You could see the sets of waves coming in ever so cleanly. A clear definite swell with nothing but calm water in between until the next swell. The surfing was glorious yesterday from what I understand and HUGE! I don't surf, but I would have liked to have watched the surfers yesterday. We have an excellent surfer in our math dept here (Sam). One of our geology instructors (Chris) goes out with him, but Chris doesn't surf the huge stuff like Sam does. Chris was telling me this morning that the surf out at Montana de Oro was absolutely fabulous yesterday albeit absolutely huge. He did not surf, but Sam did. Chris said Sam is probably one of the premier surfers in CA because he not only rips on the waves, but he is an attacker as well. He lusts for the huge ass kicking waves. He says there are lots of rippers in CA, but attacker-rippers aren't that common. Once the surf gets big they are all off the water.

Enough for today (or shall I say a few days ago?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home