Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Moderately Annoyed This Morning

Actually, today started out pretty excellent. I got a full eight hours of very heavy sleep in. I didn't wake up when the alarm went off and my husband had to shake me for over 30 seconds to rouse me. He said he was getting a little worried. LOL. Well, right when he was waking me I was in the middle of a bizarre dream. I was at work and was on the phone to public safety every few minutes for fights and whatnot in the chemistry lab. Then, out of the blue my friend J stops by in the middle of all the raucous and asks what's going on. I pull her aside to tell her ALL the events of the day and right when I tell her that I see a car on fire in the parking lot. Yet another call to public safety... I was awakened at this point so I don't know whatever happened.

We all get ready for school. I switch vehicles so I can pick up the Nordic Trak today if I want to buy it. Husband is supposed to get Andrew in the truck with gear. I walk Lyd over to sister-in-law's for her ride to school. I hop in truck and drive to school. It was a pleasant ride until we near school. Traffic was nutty and slow...It was irritating me. Then, after we park, I realize I forgot to transfer my staff permit to the truck. I sigh, but not too bad, I can get a temp from the division assistant. Just more time doing dumb things that shouldn't have to be done. My fault. I then tell Andy to grab his lunch. He quickly pipes up, that he can't find it. I search around a bit getting a little more annoyed with each passing second. Conclusion, no lunch for Andy. No chicken salad sandwich with "extra crunchy green celery", no strawberry yogurt, no peanut butter filled pretzels, no ORANGE BELL PEPPER! He was so excited about that. Well, right at this time my other half calls and asks if it would be okay if I take someone else to the movies tonight? I was like, what?? I know he wasn't that interested in seeing the Johnny Cash movie, but damn. He says he thought we were going on Thursday, and not Wednesday and he had already offered to help someone with their car. I said fine, stay the night. LOL. No, seriously I was a bit short with him and said, "yeah, do whatever you want, I have to go". I called back and talked more with him after I got Andrew in school and my parking pass, and all my crap into my office. So, I am going to go solo tonight to the movie. I hope he makes a lot of extra money helping Dan out because after the movie I think I will go shopping...$$$$

Now I have to run to the cafeteria and get Andrew some lunch before lunch time rolls around, look at the Nordic Trak, get my labs ready for students. OH yeah, I almost forgot, students are annoying the hell out of me today too. I haven't talked to any, but I am well aware of their LAZY asses. I had to change a lab over this morning and the lab from yesterday was a mess. I swear, I can't even believe these are supposed to be adults at school. They are more high maintenance and sloppy than my 4 and 5 year olds! Why don't they just cut the pretentiousness and tell their parents they aren't ready for school and just go hang out on the beach or whatever it is they really want to be doing. GRRrrrr.

So, all my grumbling aside now. I just got back from looking at the Nordic Trak! It isn't in perfect condition and she realized it too and mentioned it and said, "best offer". She was asking $100, I offered $75 and so I am now the owner of a Nordic Trak. I am excited about this. I need to do this and it will be easy to just get on and get myself going without having to schedule baby sitters or whatnot to get to the gym. I would work out here at school, but honestly I can't make the time here. I have tried. It just doesn't work out. It comes with all the books and stuff so I can actually use it properly. So, hopefully I will fell my 50 lbs melt off while sweating away on the Trak!

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger The Great Sparlini said...

Yes, he does ask for extra crunchy celery. What can I say? At Round Table Pizza the other night we walked by the salad bar and said, "forget the pizza! I want a salad!" So, he got salad. LOL

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, I bought a Nordic Trak once for $75 too. It did help me get/keep in shape for a while, but I eventually lost interest. I hope yours gives you many hours of cardio fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home