Friday, February 03, 2006

It's Friday

Today has been rather interesting to say the least. Let's preface this all with the fact I am certain I am coming down with some sort of chest crud. Ick.

Professor Bumble-fuck is back today. What a pain. He is pretty much absolutely clueless. Nice enough guy, but I don't think he has any real business teaching a chem lab. Now lecture, I am sure he is fine albeit bumbly still. His own techniques are atrocious so I don't know how he could possibly instruct students. He also has zero concept of mechanical things. I mean ZERO! I have never seen as inept a man in the mechanical realm as he. He brought me a Bunsen burner today and told me it was a literal piece of junk and he couldn't find another in the class. First off, believing him about the burner not working at all, I went into class and located another burner in less than 30 seconds for him. I come back to look at the burner. I see an o-ring sticking out of the needle valve. He had backed the needle out too far and all the gas was leaking out of there. It is a wonder he didn't blow himself or someone else up. I screw in the needle, light the burner and walla, it works beautifully. Honestly I don't have any idea why he is here.

Second, I just had a bombshell dropped on my by the dept chair. They are adding quite a few classes to our normal fall schedule. Granted she was going to hair out and not tell me at all and just let me get the info in my box, but she reconsidered. Wise choice. That would have sent me straight over the edge. After she told me the changes and additions I looked at her very point blank saying, "you really do want me to quit". She did say, if it comes down to you quitting, we will cancel classes. Though, I am not quitting. At least, not yet. So, now I have to look at the schedule and see if it is really workable as in having enough lockers to go around and so forth. Fun. It wasn't really how I was planning on spending my Friday. I like the Fall semester because, even though there are lots of classes, there aren't that many different classes offered in chemistry. Well, now it looks like fall will be just as hectic as spring as far as prepping for a million different classes. I don't know how it will work out.

Husband and I were talking and he did say I could quit and stay home with the kids if I wanted to, but that we would have to pull equity out of the house over time to cover. Oh hell no. I am NOT doing that. If I stay home, I want to move. Pay for a house outright and have 100K in the bank to boot. He likes the sound of that, but he has gotten really spoiled to glorious California weather we have here. I have never had anything but glorious weather and I do love it, but I could homestead anywhere.

enough for today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home