Friday, January 13, 2006

stream of consciousness

I just feel like writing anything that comes to mind today, as my mind is racing with lack of sleep and fighting off a headache. I have no clue where this will head or end up. It should be fun.

Driving to work today, I was noticing a lot of 2004 political bumperstickers still clinging for life on vehicles. People, seriously, that election is way long gone. Get out the scraper and get that off your car. You had enough care to put it there, now show some respect for your character (sorry, I mean candidate) and peel it off your car. There were two in particular that really bothered me...newer Volvo with mom in her freshly pressed Anne Klein suit, on her cell phone, with an under 3 toddler properly installed in the middle of the back seat in his Britax car seat --weaving in and out of traffic like she were the only one on the friggin' road! Hello, there is a kid in your car lady. Then I saw it, the sticker glaring at me like a diamond in a goat's ass, and just about as useful! Peel it off lady!

Next, an old GMC truck rolling along with dust and dirt falling off at every turn, and no doubt beer bottles clanking around the bed. I could make out a cowboy hat or two in the front seat and the owners apparently in deep conversation with one another because I could make out hands waving through the air in a very animated way. They were probably arguing as to whether or not they should boycott the Dixie Chicks. They were driving slow, weaving between lines as if they were drunk. Maybe they were, I don't know. But, they had a bumper sticker too (I wasn't too surprised). "Flush the Johns". They were flushed...rip it off your car!

I must confess, I do still have some 2004 bumper stickers hanging around. They are solidly plastered on my trash cans. I was going to make a scrapbook page about the 2004 elections and got stickers from each side. I decided, if I didn't have enough time to scrapbook my kids, why on earth should I give those clowns any of my time or room in my scrapbook? I stuck them on my trashcans. I like them there. W is stuck over the Kerry sticker because that is the way elections went.

I am trying not be political on this site, because politics really can get old fairly quickly for me. However, with all the hype on the Alito hearings and crap it is easy to get swept along for the ride. I don't know Alito at all...I haven't done much research, but I have watched a little bit of it here and there. Saw a bit of A. Spector giving a little to T.Kennedy while waiting in the ER with my dad a couple nights ago. Pretty funny stuff actually. I don't care for either Kennedy or Spector, but the sight was funny to me. I guess that is what sitting in an ER waiting room will do for you.

I have no idea what the 2008 elections have in store for us. I am actually a bit curious to find out though. Do I think Hilary Clinton will get it...I don't think so, but bigger surprises have happened. If she does, I will take it in stride. I will not threaten to run to Canada though if she does get elected because I know I would never do that. It may sound good to say that, but seriously I heard a lot of my co-workers spouting off they were packing up and moving if W got re-elected. Well, guess what? They still come to work every day with their Latte in hand collecting their paychecks and going back home to their home in the United States. Do I listen to much they say anymore. No, not really. I was ready to help them pack after the elections of 2004.

I am a moderate conservative over all. Am I a fan of Bush? No, I am not. Do I think we should be in Iraq? No, but we are there now, I don't know how we can get out of there. Obviously, neither does anyone else. Do I think Saddam is an evil bastard? Absolutely. Seriously, I have no idea where this country is headed, but I do know it has been heading in the wrong direction for a very long time now.

Enough for today.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger The Great Sparlini said...

Well, you can take the woman out of Lompoc, but dammit, you can't take all the Lompoc out of the woman. LOL.

Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home