Wednesday, January 04, 2006

So, I did ditch work and take some pictures last Friday, December 30, 2005. We went to Morro Beach and then to Montana de Oro State Park. It was a fabulous day. The waves were pretty big, though I have seen bigger, and definitely more violent waves. We got some pretty awesome pictures which I still have download to my work computer. I got some great pictures of a coyote! We were really close, and I was able to get some awesome face shots. I am really excited about those!

I did get some good pictures of the ocean and waves, though not as many as I would have liked. Most of the pictures had too much white of the whitewater with a light background, so the details are lost. They needed more contrast. The best pictures I got of waves was at one particular rock but, then as it would work out, some dude walked right into the pictures and just stood there watching. I couldn't blame him. The waves were cool, but he totally F'd up my pictures!

There were lots of people out there watching. Some were stupid and walked out on the breakwater. I vowed if they got swept to sea, I was not risking my life to try and save them. I would probably be drown. Luckily, I never did have to follow through with that vow.

We had a very quiet New's Year's Eve. I didn't even stay up until midnight. My little Roo was still sick with his fever. I got home on Friday and he was just on fire! I had to give him a mix of both Tylenol and Motrin to get it down. I thought he was over it since he was fever free on Thursday, but obviously that was a total mistake. Bad mommy!

I have been following the terrible mining incindent in West Virginia. My brother called me last night to tell me they were alive. I turned on the news and watched that for a while, and then went to bed. I turned on the news this morning to get more of the "good news" which ended up quite the contrary. I was stunned, and extremely sad for the families that must have gone through the worst nightmare of their lives. It just sucks, that is really all I can say about that.

One of my best friends in the entire world is moving away!!! I am really happy and excited for her and her husband, but sad that she will be moving farther away. I am excited about going to see them in a state where I haven't done much exploring, so that will be very fun. I will be seeing her next Monday to spend a day with before they move out. I hope she will still be able to keep the Yahoo instant messenger. That is the way we do our primary conversations these days while we are both working. I grew up next her family pretty much our entire lives, so she and her sisters and brother are pretty much just like more family. I can't tell you how much I love them all!

New Year's Resolutions...seriously, I must get in better shape and lose some weight. So far, I am off to a pretty good start, but need to keep going and get the exercising in. I have needed to do this for years, and was doing okay, but then that fell by the wayside. I have to make it a priority and way of life.

Over and out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home