Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Figured it was time to update the ol' blog.

Can't say there is much going on, other than a current trend toward insomnia. I have no idea what is going on. I have had a very difficult time getting to sleep for about two weeks now. And, once asleep, I wake up again only to stay that way for a an hour or more. Last night took the cake though. Went to bed at 10:00 roughly, and then woke up at midnight and was up until at least four! Funny thing, I wasn't that tired when I had to get up at six today. Hopefully tonight I will be able to seriously crash. It isn't like I am worried about anything. I figure, it all must be part of that hitting the 40 mark.

Kids are funny as ever though. Andrew was telling me all about a train track he saw in a magazine on the way to school this morning. I asked him to tell me about it. He obliged with, "well, there are two blue things, a curve, and two hookers in the middle". I came undone with that remark. Where else WOULD hookers be? Of course, he was simply talking about two sections of straight track, but I will be calling them hookers from now on I assure you.

Lydia gets report cards this Friday. Kindergarten report cards are kind of funny. I am not sure what they really indicate other than pigeon holing. She has been really sweet lately, and not too bossy. She was in a phase there where she was getting pretty bossy and having an attitude with everyone in the house. Glad she seems to be over that.

I have applied for a couple of different jobs. One at a University in town for a job similar to what I do now, but for their microbiology department. They are still recruiting on that one with no close date listed. So, open untill filled I suppose. The other is for a water Chemist with the county. That job looks pretty interesting, and according to the status listing on their website, notices were going out to prospective candidates. I haven't received one yet, so I may not be a candidate. I am not really expecting to be, but it could be fun. It looks to be a very red-tape process though. The actual hiring for that job won't be done until the end of March sometime. As for the university. I am not sure if I will get an interview their either, we shall see. I don't know that I would take that job with my friend J enlightening me as to lack of pay step increases in the Cal State University System. I have an email into their Human Resources and I am waiting to hear back regarding this issue. I haven't been successful in actually speaking to someone, so hopefully an email will get a response. It now looks as if our Union at the community college where I look may ratify the latest offer by the Board. It addressed several issues immediately and insurance for now, but that will be revisited in the next contract. Honestly, most of that doesn't affect me since I was hired after 1996 and can't opt out of insurance and take that perk benefit in my paycheck. Now, the new contract will get me the salary adjustment increase of 10% retroactive to April 2005, and a 3% COLA retroactive to March 2005. That will be welcome, and that would bring right in line with low end of the university job, where I expect if they wanted me, they would hire. I would not take it for that. Here, I have perks and time built up that I wouldn't have there and learning a completely new job, with I am sure more work being a much bigger school. Why work harder for the same pay. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think I am going to buy a Nordic Trak Pro from a lady here at work. I really need something at home I can jump on and get a good work out with cardio done. Getting on my bike has been more difficult, so I haven't been riding. I should just sell my bike with all that I ride it. I will bring the truck tomorrow just in case I do buy the Nordic Trak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home