Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ahhhhh Saturday!

What a lazy and wonderful day it has been. We started off by staying in bed late this morning. The kids got up early, but happily they are at an age now where you can say let me sleep for a while and they will go about their merry business. Oh, there may be a scuffle or two between the two, but a parent quickly learns what sounds are important enough to get out of bed. We then went to breakfast and had a nice time. That was followed by a trip to the Children's Discovery Museum. The kids had a great time. It was lots of fun, but the kids were a little disappointed because they had taken down the camping experience. They loved that one. It had a tent, all kinds of camp gear to play with, picnic table, fake BBQ complete with plastic food and untensils etc. Lydia took quite the liking to the craft area. She was able to use a hot glue gun by herself and she LOVED the power of hot glue!

We then went to Radio Shack because Mark wants to get a beginner electronic kit for the kids to learn to use. We didn't care for their choices there. I figure we have a better shot getting something online for them. We did play with all the remote control toys while we were there though. It was fun.

Came home, had lunch and played in the backyard. Well, the kids played mostly, and I admired my bulbs beginning to appear. I have quite a few appearing now. For about a week there was only one kind showing, but today I noticed about 5 new plants popping up and they were a different variety, so that it nice. I also planted some bare-root tuber thing. It is supposed to get pretty big purple flowers on it. I hope those come up. I planted 6 of those I think. The kids are excited watching the garden progress. They did help me plant them, so they are proud of their handiwork. The roses I pruned a coupled weeks ago are starting to bud now too. I guess a week of hot weather does that. Andy played baseball in the backyard. I asked him if he wanted to be a baseball player. He said yes, of course. I asked if he wanted to be a pitcher, catcher or what. He answered, "none of those things...I just want to smack the ball hard over the fence for a homerun!" That's my boy!

I have to head into work tomorrow. That is a bit of a drag, but I didn't go today. I wasn't able to get all accomplished on Friday that I needed to. I had missed half a day on Thursday with my dad at the doctor and stuff. I normally wouldn't need to go in on the weekend even with missing that day, but my Monday schedule is going to be way off because the HazMat people are going to be there packaging all our disposed chemicals for shipping. So, with them milling around I won't be able to be on top form Monday. I will be glad when all the waste is gone though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home