Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fabulous Day in Monterey!

I went and visited my friend J in Monterey. She is the one who is moving soon, so I had to get a visit in before she is gone from the state. We had a great time. She was apologizing because she had errands to run and some stuff to take care of. I just didn't care. I was up there to spend time with her, and told her I would help her pack. It just didn't matter. That is a true mark of friendship. It matters not what you are doing, just as long as you are hangin' together. Now, in her defense, it wasn't all errands. We had a great lunch and her hubby G was able to join us. So, that was great. We also went on a great walk around Lover's Point in Pacific Grove. Saw the sea lions basking in the sun. What a life! All in all it was a fantastic day. I was whipped when I got home though. I got home about 5:30. Fixed some dinner, did homework with Lydia, got kids ready for bed, etc. I, actually, was the first one in bed! I totally crashed!

Now, back to reality today. Classes start here at work next Tuesday, so it will be a little nutty then. I am in the process of getting all the final steps done so the labs are ready for student check-in and the like. Spring semester is always nutty because we offer 5 completely different classes which all have to be prepped and set up by moi. Plus, this year we will be doing half a semester of physical science. That will be totally new and kind of strange, but hey, it will work out just fine I am sure. I am taking a golf class this semester though, so that should help keep me sane I think.

J is going to swing by campus this Friday as she passes through. That will be cool. I will give her the nickel tour of the place. That reminds me, I need to email her directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home