Monday, May 15, 2006

Giving it Another Shot

I tried to upload these pictures on Friday. I managed to get it done, but then found I had uploaded duplicate images. I tried to delete the duplicates, but deleted them all. I tried, tried, and tried again to upload them again, but they wouldn't show, so I gave up. I am giving another try today.

These pictures were taken during Srping Break. It was late in the afternoon on a warm day. The kids started by making a volcano. Then, it went on to splashing in the mud. At first I wasn't going to let them, but then I remembered my many hours of stompin in the mud as a kid, so I told them to go for it. The only thing was that they would have to strip before coming into the house and get a quick rinse with the hose afterwards. That was the price of admission. Well, as you can see, they had a grand time in the mud. I had no idea they would end up covered from head to toe in mud, but then again, why wouldn't they end up that way? Roo's pants ended up getting so mud laiden that they were falling, so we just took those off him before too long.

When it came time for the fun to end, they were much less than pleased to be stripped down and hosed off, but it had to be done. But, before I did that, I had warm bubbles awaiting them. Lyd's hair was so caked with mud and sand that I literally had to wash it five times, and then only with conditioner did it finally all come out. Roo's was much easier, but he wasn't thrilled about the scrubbing of the scalp. Must have a tender head up there.

Nothing Like a Good Romp in the Mud!


My Roo Being Silly as Ever


Not Quite the Princess she Pretends to Be


Now, How Could a Roll in the Mud be Wrong?

A Splashing Good Time was had by All.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

That. Looks. Like. So. Much. Fun!!!
Ugh, not the cleaning up though. I let the boys spray each other with the hose yesterday after we got back from a soccer game (it was 95 degrees-yikes!)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger The Great Sparlini said...

They did have so much fun. I bet your boys had a blast yesterday with the hose. We do that too. I should have let them do that yesterday since it was warm, but not 95 degrees. Only 88. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home