Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday, Monday...

How can it be Monday again so quickly. This weekend went by in a flash. Friday, the division meeting ended up going over, so that definitely put an end to going to C's house early for her 40th birthday bash. I knew it was a slim chance, but as faculty kept whining about the placement of a portable building during the remodel, I could hear the clock minutes being sucked down the siphon. As it were, I didn't get home with much time to spare to get ready to go out the planned dinner. Got home, ordered pizza for the kids. Half cheese for Lyd, half cheese and olive for Roo. Call C to tell her happy birthday and to tell her of my situation, telling her I will try to get to her house tonight, but will call first. She was okay with it, but apparently a lot of people had called and been canceling for her party. Bummer, made me feel worse, because I should be there! Pizza arrives earlier than expected. Kids are banging on my door as I get out of the shower, "Pizza dude is here!" I quickly toss on robe and pay the "dude". Kids are quickly appeased with pizza. I get dressed, and M arrives late from work himself. Baby sitter arrives, M in the shower. We finish getting ready and whisk out the door.

Dinner was a nice affair. We were able to see a couple friends we haven't seen in years. All in all it was nice. Nothing terribly exciting, but nice. The entire time I kept thinking I really wanted to speed it along so I could go to C's party. Dinner went long. We did not leave the restaurant until 9:00, which put us getting back home at 9:15. I was beat, and did not call to inform C that I was coming to the party. I snuggled into my pajamas, went and read a book to Lyd and Roo. They were already in bed when we got home, but they weren't asleep yet. I then snuggled into bed and was very quickly asleep.

Saturday morning came much too soon. M took off to ride the three-wheeler with a work buddy. He would be gone most of the day. Kids and I plink around the house for a bit in the morning. I was doing housework, while they were making housework. LOL. Got the laundry started and decided to treat them to breakfast at their favorite restaurant, which is just down the street. We have a good time there, but they were super amped up for the day of parties. Breakfast being done, we headed to Target to get birthday gifts. This took an enormously large amount of time. We were buying two gifts and the kids could not decide what to get the recipients. Now, they could easily tell me what they, themselves wanted. We finally got that all done and took Lyd to her party. It was a princess party so she was immediately adorned in a princess outfit and tiara. I knew this family, so I left her there while Roo and I went back home to wrap the other present.
After wrapping and filling out the card Roo and I played baseball in the backyard. My little lefty boy is coming along nicely. He is sooo darn cute. After two hours, we leave to pick up the little princess and head to the next party.

We arrive before they sang happy birthday and the like. We stayed for that and they played in the bounce house for a while. Roo was the only prince among a harem of princesses. I wished I had my camera. It would have been a very cute picture. We arrive at the next party about 40 minutes late, but it wasn't a problem. The kids had a great time there. There was a bounce house as well, but I don't think Roo went in at all. He was busy playing with all the different boy toys they have at that house. He was in his element. They have some toys he has been wanting for a very long time and has never received. The older boy (Garrett), Lyd's age and in Lyd's class lost his first tooth while we were there. He was very excited. Trent turned 5, so is less than a month younger than Roo. They will probably be in the same kindergarten class next year, and Lyd and Garrett will more than likely be in the same first grade class since we requested the same teacher. What fun it will be! We did not get home until about 6:00 pm. We stayed later than everyone else because the kids were having a grand time. After we got home, I made dinner for the kids. They played for a little while, and then crashed HARD at bedtime, as did I.

This is the final week of labs for this semester. Students are checking out of their lab drawers. It is always a bit nutty during this week. Once it is over though, I will be able to start boxing up equipment not needed for this summer, and throwing old stuff out and surplusing usable stuff. It will be nice to purge a lot of old junk. I can do that more readily since our oldest instructor retired and I know there is stuff that only he used. Now, all that can go by the wayside. There is so much extra stuff in this building that has built up over 30 years of teaching. It will be cathartic to get rid of it. Off to a meeting about this very subject.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Babaloo said...

Yep... Mondays come waaaaay to fast. Sounds like the kids had fun at their parties though and I'm glad you all are feeling better!

I responded to your comment regarding pictures (on my comments), but if you ever want to e-mail, my address is: subabaloo@earthlink.net

Take care :>)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home