Thursday, April 20, 2006

Easter, Spring Break, and Birthdays, and Ear Surgery!

Whoa, so much going on, I have had zero time to blog at all.

Easter was pretty good! The Saturday before Easter we did the egg coloring thing. Uncle Steve came over and helped out as he always does. Funny thing, last year we didn't have enough eggs as the kids tore through them coloring. This year, they were very slow, with many breaks in between to play outside. Now, this could have to do with the fact that we have had nothing but crappy weather, and it was finally nice so they took full advantage of it. Be then end though, they had managed to dye all the eggs, paint them, or whatever they deemed necessary.

Easter came. Lyd had a bit of a cold and was running a fever, so I stayed home with her while hubby and Roo went to church. Once they got home we did an egg hunt followed Easter baskets hubby actually bought at the library. It was perfect, there were books, little toys, and sparse amounts of candy, which was perfect. The kids really enjoyed them.

All this week is Spring break for both kids, and me. We are having a terrific time together. Roo has been a little uncontrollable with his upcoming birthday putting ants in his pants. It is a lot for a 4 year to handle. We have gone out every day thus far. Out to breakfast, to the park, to the kids museum and the like. I have also had time to tackle some tasks around the house. Painting the kitchen, as planned, is not one of them. There just ended up being too much going on this week for that nonsense. I have managed to get some stuff cleaned out of my office. I am packing stuff up to get rid of and some to store.

Roo turned 5 yesterday. He was up early instantly asking for presents. LOL. We let him open one to appease his need to shred paper. I about fell over when my husband told me what he really wanted to get Roo for his 5th birthday! He wanted to buy him a brand new 2006, fire red, Mustang GT! A real one! He just thought it would be very cool to get that for him, since hubby did the pre delivery inspection on it. He would store it for him properly, and take it out once a year on Roo's birthday, until roo is 16. Then it would be Roo's car to use. Hubby just thought it would be a really cool thing. He could also get a really good deal on the car since he works at Ford. But, alas, he did not get the car. He asked several people at work what they thought. Only one thought it was a really cool idea, the rest just thought he was completely nuts. So, that saved us $23000 dollars yesterday. LOL. I would have gone either way. I could see that it was something Hubby would have really liked to do.

Roo has appointments today and tomorrow for pre-op stuff. He is having tubes put in his ears on Monday for fluid in his ears that just won't go away. He can't hear for didly. I haven't explained any of this to him yet, but will do that when I am done with this blog. I had to look up ways to explain surgery to a kid without making him terrified. It helped out a lot. He may have to have blood work done today. I know that will freak him out, but he will do good I know. I know the procedure is very short and isn't too risky, but sending your brand new 5 year old in the surgery suite is still a bit scary.

We got all appointments done. Much to my own mistake though, they were both today, rather than one today and one tomorrow. We got home, kids were playing up the street for a few minutes until it was time to head out for preregistration stuff at the hospital. I get a call only about five minutes after arriving home informing me that I had missed Roo's preop appointment with the doctor! I told them I thought it was tomorrow, but can I still come in? I could still go so I quickly got the children from up the street, much to their chagrin. All went well, and Roo was spared having to give blood. I was sooooooooo happy about that. The surgery should only take 15 minutes itself, but we have to be at the hospital Monday morning at 6:00 am. I am so not looking forward to that.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

How did the surgery go? I just saw your post today (4/24), hope it all went well! Thanks for your comment the other day. I do better with posting when I'm at work. My blog was basically abandoned last week during the kids' spring break. Take Care!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger The Great Sparlini said...

Thanks for the note babaloo. Surgery went really well. I am so happy he had it done. He can hear SO much better, isn't yelling to hear himself, and is generally a much happier guy! Woo Hoo! I am posting today about the entire thing. My only regret is I didn't take my camera with. He was so cute in the hospital!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home