Friday, April 07, 2006

Parent-Teacher Conferences and Other Joys...

Yesterday was parent-teacher conferences. Now, these are different from when I was a child. The parent had a set date and time to come when I was a kid, but now it is just an open window for parents to come when they can. They were yesterday from 3:30 - 7:00 pm, and this morning, 8:30-11:00am. I normally would have gone today, but I had an appointment this morning. So, I got there and had to wait as there was another family in with the teacher. It was a nice wait outside. I was admiring a nice eucalyptus tree just outside the school property. It gives nice shade to the kindergarten playground, but it would make an absolutely splendid home for a tree house. If any tree was designed for a house to be built in it, it is that tree. I will have to get a picture of that to post. Lyd is doing well in school and is on the honor roll again. She has been on honor roll for all three report cards thus far. I did notice that her work habits in class were downgraded from an A+ to an A-. Not a big deal but I did ask about it out of curiosity. Well, it seems our little miss has become a little chatty in class. Not much, but definitely moreso than she ever was before. Mrs. Adkins said, "oh those boys just love her! I have never seen anything like it in my 30 years of teaching. You will have to beat those boys off with a big stick when she gets older." Lyd's nemesis continues to be penmanship. Another solid C. She simply does not care to do it. We will continue to work on that, but there is no way she can get around it, so it will naturally improve during her academic career. Her teacher said she is really proud of her with how well she is doing. So, overall it was a short visit with the teacher, which is normally longer but there was there a line outside her class after I showed up. There weren't any problems to discuss, so off I went with report card and stack of graded papers in hand.

This morning I had, my now annual, mammogram done. I was running late due to several events of the morning. Lyd did not have school today and was going to spend the day with her Aunt who will be taking her to see that new dinosaur meltdown movie. But, I had asked Lyd to use the restroom before she got dressed. For whatever reason she tends to put this off in the morning. Anyway, she neglected to go, and right before we were leaving to take her to her aunt's house she had to go and didn't make it in time. I wasn't too pleased as we were right on the cusp of being late. We got her changed out and over to her aunt's house. Of course, then on the way to work there were several accidents which slowed us down substantially. I phoned the imaging office and told them I was likely to be late. I made it, and was just five minutes late, so that wasn't too terrible. Every time I get a mammogram done the technology seems to change. It is similar but positions change and whatnot. This has probably been the only time I have ever experienced any pain associated with the procedure. It wasn't bad, but I had never had any pain before. So, in the course of it all we got the pictures done and I was off on my way. I am sure all will be fine, but the tech did explain that if they find something questionable I will need to come back in for "close-ups". I don't really expect that to happen, but you never know.

I don't have any real plans for the weekend at all. Just the normal household choirs to catch up on. Oh joy, oh rapture! The kids are invited to a party up the street Saturday at the new neighbors. That will be nice for them to go to that.

'tis it for today!

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

Hi! I read your comment on my blog and wanted to say "thanks." I didn't know anyone was reading! I like your blog too and will check back. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home