Tuesday, November 13, 2007





Okay, I added the pictures after I wrote the post. It defaulted them to the beginning and the picture captions didn't match up, but oh well.


Picture # 1 Part of my new prep room!


Picture # 2 just to left of picture # 1. Note, the first door on the left is the entry to my office.

Picture # 3 My office (as seen through my side window into the office) note my reflection with required safety hat.

Picture # 4 General Chemistry Lab

Picture # 5 Chemical Storage Room. It may not be too exciting for you, but I am thrilled about this room!


I did fall off the face of the earth for a long time


Okay, so I am a total slacker and haven't updated this blog in forever, or any blog for that matter. I am not even going to try and rehash anything I have missed. I will pick up where life is currently.

Hubby and Roo are out of town visiting his family in Illinois and Missouri. They go chasing rabbits and raccoons with the dogs. Roo is having the time of his life but told his dad last night that he was ready to come home. He is such a home body. They come Saturday evening into Santa Barbara. I can't wait to pick them up. I miss them like crazy, and so does Lydia. Of course, there are the up sides too, like not being told I should be going to bed...but, hence I then end up staying up too late! LOL It is all good though. Thursday Mark is heading to Columbia Missouri to talk with the Service Manager at Machens Ford and then to look at a few houses I put on his agenda for him. House # 1 , House # 2 , House # 3 , and finally House # 4 if he is willing by this point. He got laid off from Lompoc Valley Ford because they closed their doors at the beginning of September. He hates his current job which he took on quickly. If we had been thinking at all, instead of thinking panic "Get a JOB!" He would be collecting unemployment and painting a friends house who offered him 6000.00 to paint their house! Of course, I didn't hear about that until after he started this other job. Anyway, we will see what happens with all that. I doubt we will be moving to the mid-west, but you never know. I am also filling out a few applications for him at Cuesta. He will apply for the physics technician job )my same job but for the physics dept) and then also for an HVAC job on campus. Perhaps there will be some big changes coming around the bend for the Sparlin family.

My dad...hmmm, not sure what I last shared there, but he is not doing chemo anymore. The last round back in September worked him over something fierce. He was just wanting to die about 2 weeks after the solid week of chemo. He hasn't done a whole lot since then, but had been getting a bit stronger, but I don't know about that anymore at all. Hospice is working with us, bless them! I don't know what I would be doing without them beside losing my mind. So, each day ticks by for him but his mood is much better than it was when this all started. Guess a little anti-depressant has something to do with that.

Kids are doing great in school. Andrew had a bit of adjustment time. He was just being a bit chatty in class, when he wasn't really at all last year. Of course, last years teacher was a bit of a drill sergeant and this years is very soft spoken so perhaps he wasn't taking her seriously. A couple time outs seemed to do the trick though. LOL. Penmanship continues to be a battle for both of them this year. Lyd got her normal C, which is just fine. I think her writing is better than that, but whatever. Andrew slipped this year on his penmanship. I think partly because grading is a bit tougher this year than last, and partly because they are doing more work with not as much time complete the assignment so hurry up and neatness don't go hand in hand. Heck, that doesn't even work for me! He got a C as well in his penmanship. He was pretty disappointed with it, but rebounded quickly.

Work is going okay...labs are ending early to get ready for our big move back to our newly remodeled building! I am excited and a bit nervous. Lots to do, a few things weren't made as requested by us, but the planning committee on campus signed off on them so they are ours now. Minor stuff really, so we can deal. Overall, I think I am going to be very pleased with my new digs! Here are some pictures I snuck with my phone when in the building with the computer crew people. Technically we are not to be in the building at all, but computer services needed to know some info about where stuff was to be so I invited myself on the tour too. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home