Friday, July 06, 2007

Sweet Days

Sweet Friday! I love a four day work week especially when it is interrupted in the middle with a holiday! Hardly seems like I was at work at all. I don't know what it is about me and work this summer. I am highly unmotivated. Oh, I am getting work done, but not to the caliber I could be getting it done. I think it has some to do with working the numb skulls in chem 10 this summer. It is very tedious and unorganized. I will have to bring that to my Chair's attention when she returns. If summer sessions are going to have this many different teachers for one class there will have to be someone to spearhead the entire thing so they are all on the same page. Enough about that.

Yesterday I picked up some books for the kids to read, and for me to read to them at bedtime. They are called The Magic Tree House series. The storyline is about two siblings, Jack 8, and his sister Annie 6. They stumble upon a tree house in the woods near their home. They enter it and it is filled with books and in each book there is a bookmark. Well, they wish while pointing at the picture in the book and they are whisked off to that time. So, in short the tree house is a time machine. In land they visit they keep finding a gold medallion with the letter M on it. So, obviously the mystery is who is leaving the coins? Anyway, the kids are thoroughly enjoying them which is awesome. I should find some old Encyclopedia Brown for them as well. I am sure they would like those too.

Plans are coming into place for the upcoming trip to San Diego. The kids don't know a thing about it. It will be fun. I booked the train tix for them yesterday. I still don't know where their aunt will be taking them while I am at the seminar, but wherever it is will be fine I am sure. I still opt for Lego Land. It looks like soooo much fun!

I should work on my garden today and get me a potato bush. I don't have one yet, but I did pick up a few things the other day at the nursery. I have yet to plant them though. So, perhaps I am on the quest for Star Jasmine and the elusive potato bush today, as well as some rocks to adorn the garden.

Oops, hubby just called and wants us to meet him for lunch. guess I had better hop in the shower.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home