Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving, Teeth, and Texas

Thanksgiving was good, though a bit subdued. None of were feeling teriffic and I was thankful for the fact I didn't offer have to the event at my house this year. We were invited to my hubby's family next door. They didn't have dinner until late, so the we spent the early part of the day at home. I wasn't feeling well at all, and I actually napped for about 3-4 hours in the middle of the day. I also crashed early. It was all needed though. Food was teriffic, they are great cooks next door. We had good company and just had a really relaxed, fun time.

Roo has lost his first tooth. He was complaining about his teeth hurting him while eating corn on the cob last week and then complained they hurt when he was brushing them. I figured it may be his teeth getting wiggly. Well, two of them were extremely wiggly and the other two were loose, but not super wiggly. He lost his top tooth on Saturday at the park. He was sliding down a slide with his sister and her foot kicked him in the tooth. Ordinarily this would have brought about howls of anger and how she had done it on purpose and the like. But, the tooth triumphed all that. All I heard was, "LYD! I LOST MY TOOOOOOOTH!" followed by squeals of delight. I went to the slide and we got the tooth and there was minimal bleeding. It was not the tooth I thought would go first. It was the other top tooth which wasn't as wiggly, but a good kick in the face made it loser. LOL. The tooth fairy was good to him. $5.00. His next top tooth is VERY ready to pop out at any minute. I could pop the thing out if he would let me, but he isn't ready for that. I am sure it will come out within the next five days, to be followed quickly by his bottom teeth. Lyd has one slightly loose top tooth. The dentist said that she will probably lose hers late since she got teeth late. She didn't get teeth until she was over 18 months old! I had given up.

I am off on my way to Texas tomorrow to see Brad (nephew) graduate from Air Force Basic Training. I am really looking forward to this. I finally broke down and told the kids about it Sunday. I waited as long as I could without springing it on them the last minute. As expected, Andrew is distraught over the fact that his mother will be leaving him for five whole days. He cried, and cried some more. He still will whimper and whine about it. He will be fine once I am gone I am sure, but the interim is killing him. Lyd on the other hand said she wasn't happy about it, but that was it. I haven't heard another peep out of her about other than her consoling her brother that it will be okay and that she will be home with him. How cute is that? She has always been mentally tougher than her brother though. Roo is definitely the momma's boy. He is a boy through and through, but he is definitely hooked on his mom. I will bring my laptop computer with me and post while in Texas.

I have the best husband in the world. He stayed home late this morning to get the kids off to school. Lyd's cat, Jinga, woke her up in the middle of the night. I woke up about 3:45 and made my kid check and she was wide awake playing with the cat. I asked her if she had been up a long time? She said yes. I took the cat out and told her to get to sleep. She wanted to watch a movie. I explained to her that it was the middle of the night. She says, "Oh, I had no idea it was still night time". I made her go to the bathroom, gave her a drink and she drifted back off to sleep in about 15 minutes or so. Hubby let her sleep as late as she could this morning so she wouldn't be a complete zombie at school today.

My husband also had me test drive a new car last week. He does this from time to time but insisted last week that I come check out the Ford Fusion SEL. He said it has everything I would want in a car. I took it for a ride, and loved it! It is on a Volvo frame with awesome styling, handles quickly and agily on the road with plenty of power to get out of situations. This car had just about everything I would want in a car, leather, top notch stereo, information center, power moon roof, rear spoiler, nicer wheels etc. I don't really need a car, so I didn't think much about it. He then comes home with a quote for the car in his hands. Since he works for Ford he get's what is called "D" plan pricing which is less than what they normally deal a car down to. The price was good, but not spectacular. He said he was going to buy it for me and surprise me with it for Christmas. When he got the monthly payment he thought he would consult with me instead. LOL. We finally decided that I don't need the car right now. There is nothing wrong with my Impala at all. It does have 113K miles on it, but those are highway, and it gets good mileage for a big car. I regularly average over 28 mpg combined highway and town driving. If just straight highway driving, I will get over 32 mpg. It did put a bug in my ear to try out the new Impala's and see which I like better, the Fusion or the Impala. I was glad I did. I love my Impala now, but I don't like the new models at all. The dash design is terrible. I don't even like to look at it. I figure if I am going to shell out over 25K on a car (no deals at Chevy for us) I had better like to look at at the dash! I didn't even take it on a test drive. I did take the Fusion out for another test drive and I also drove their 4 cylinder Fusion. It gets a little better gas mileage, but it was noisy with the revving the engine had to do and the like. I just didn't like it at all. So, no four cylinder for me. I have been with a six cylinder for years, and now can't go back! LOL. I have decided that my next car will be a Fusion. The one hubby was going to get me was Merlot Red, but I really want it in their dark blue pearl. It looks great in that color. I told him to call me immediately if they get one in that color with all the stuff I want on the car. I am so spoiled! : )

Off to the wild blue yonder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home