Friday, October 06, 2006

BACK!

Sorry for being gone for so long. I fear I have lost any readers I may have acquired during my short spurt of posts. It was just too impossible for me to post at all. I do 99% of my blogging at my lunch hour at work. Well, work for the last month or more has been so very busy that I barely have time to sit down, letalone take time to post on my blog.

We are officially in our new portable buildings. Things got behind schedule and we were moving all our chemistry stuff in while contractors were still installing electrical and plumbing and numerous other items. It was awful. We were climbing over one another, cussing one another for their existence in "my work space". We moved in three (working days) before labs actually were slated to start. Saturday and Sunday quickly became "working days" as well just to get labs ready for the day. It was crazy. I should have just set up a bunk at work and lived there for about 5 days solid. Overall, considering the task, things went okay and labs have been productive ever since the 18th of September.

Just because labs started doesn't mean there still isn't tons of stuff to unpack and organize. That is slowly getting done and things are shaping up more and more each day. I have to say, I would have absolutely died if my nephew wasn't helping during all this. He has been an excellent worker and constant source banter back and for the which seems to serve us both very well. He will be leaving soon though. He leaves for basic training in Texas for the Air Force October 17th. I will miss him terribly. I will have cake and a small party here at work for him next week on his last day here.

I am having a BBQ for him at my house this weekend. I called and left messages with folks, but so far I haven't heard from anyone about whether they are coming or not. I will have the BBQ nonetheless, but it would be nice to know how much stuff to purchase for said event.

Kids are doing great in school. They got progress reports on Wednesday. Lyd had her usual A's in everything except a B+ in Reading, and her usual D+ in penmanship. I, personally, don't think her penmanship is that terrible. Heck, I see college kids here at school with far worse than hers! So, I refuse to stress over that one. Roo had all A's in everything except for his penmanship, which was a B. I knew he would have a higher grade than Lyd ever did because he does write better than she does. I took a Friday off last week and went with Roo on his field trip to the Apple Farm to pick apples. It was quite a fun day all around. It was nice to take a day off work as well.

Now, I pulled a first here at work yesterday. Brad and I had worked our butts off and had put in way more overtime than should be allowed, so we took it upon ourselves to take a 2 hour break. We hooked my DVD player to the data projector and proceeded to watch "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins. I had threatened it lots of times, to watch a movie on the big screen in class, but never did it, until yesterday. OMG! It was fabulous! We felt like we were watching it at a movie theater. There are no windows in our building, so we didn't have any "light pollution" to spoil the picture. It was also a very good movie. One of which I highly recommend.

Got to run for now.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Babaloo said...

Hey! I was so happy to see your comments on my blog. You HAVE been very busy...wow.

My youngest gets low marks in penmenship (sp?) too. He is otherwise brilliant (hee hee, I'm his mom I can say that) so I don't stress about it either.

Glad to see you back! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home