Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pictures and miscellaneous musings
As promised a few pictures to pass the time and create blog filler.
Now tell me, could you resist that face? Oh my Roo...

A very happy boy and a very happy dog


Lyd and her friend Aleina playing dress up with Lyd's great-grandmother's costume-junk jewelry Lyd acquired this summer on vacation. Look's very hippyish to me.

Last, but not least. Alien Kitty lives. This picture doesn't quite show his long narrow face, but the spots on the nose are crystal clear, and the ears are rather large, don't you think?

Other thoughts. Elections. I don't know why we bother anymore honestly, other than the fact that it is what our country was founded on, but we are so far from that now, it is unbelievable. Political parties don't really give a rat's ass what their constituents really think, do they? They pander, and cater, and then do what ever they want with their goal of keeping their party in power. I have no high hopes for anything coming out of these coming elections, and the next presidential race frankly scares the heck out of me. There are no candidates that have come out worth mentioning at all. It is all a comedy of errors, with the American people paying the price for the show. Right now I am really tired of all the commercials and bulletins relating to the elections. People telling me how I should vote or not vote, etc. There are some serious major issues this country must deal with, and deal with effectively. There are no easy answers, and the "solutions" are bound to piss some people off, but that will happen regardless of what solution route is taken. Right now, we need someone who is willing to take a stand and be a leader without fear of pissing people off. Leaders right now are so worried about offending or making some party, or group mad that they keep themselves hamstrung without solving anything. That is enough of my spouting on that subject. I could go much longer, but I will then just ramble on for pages, and pages.

The drive home today was glorious. The sun was dancing on the ocean like weightless diamonds across the surface. The air was warm, but had the edge of crispness Fall brings. I love Fall. The light is more relaxing than Summer. It begs you to sit down, enjoy the scenery, and drink a cup of tea while listening to Vivaldi. The leaves are changing color *for what that is worth in California*. I would love to see a true fall back east. Geoff is in North Carolina and must be getting some real Fall colors there.


My St. Louis Cardinals won tonight. They are ahead in the series 2-1. Go St. Louis! It was actually kind of a boring game, but when your team wins like that, it is okay. It sucks to get beat like that though. I am hoping they can finish it up in St. Louis the next two games and be done with it. Detroit can be tough though...we shall see.

Back on the computer front, my computer has now been assembled and is in the testing phase. I am so eager to get this crazy thing. It is my Christmas present...early of course. Off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home