Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weekend Events

This weekend the kids and I drove up to San Jose to visit Leah. Hubby stayed at home because he was working Saturday, and besides, we now have a dog that needs attention so we can't just bail for a few days as before. Cats are much easier in that regard. Leah's oldest daughter turned two on Saturday. I hadn't seen the new baby yet, and she is now 4 months old! Time goes way too quickly, I am sure of it. We left Friday evening around 5:00 pm or so. Traffic was terrible from Pismo Beach on past Paso Robles. There were accidents left and right. It was crazy. The kids watched a movie for part of the ride. I always swore I would never get one of those, but for long rides, it is so worth it. I don't let them watch the entire trip, but it is good to break up the monotony for them in the car.

We arrived somewhere in between 8:30 and 9:00 pm. The baby was asleep, but the two year old was not. She was fired up and very ready to play with my kids, who in turn were so thrilled with being out of the car that playing was just the perfect ending. They all laughed and played for an hour or so. Lyd read books to Charli (the 2 year old girl). Charli enjoyed that immensley. Charli also, for reasons unknown to me, identified Lyd as "Aunt Melissa" (who is me, by the way). It was funny as heck. It took Charli's mom a little while to figure this out. But when I told her what was up with the names she asked Charli to sing a song to Aunt Melissa and Charli walked right over to Lyd and began singing her heart out. Roo, had no name, he was simply Boyyee. It didn't seem to offend him in the least.

We all went to bed eventually. I didn't sleep very well that night. It always takes me a day to settle into some place new. The kids slept like champs and were quite refreshed for the next day. Charli had a birthday party at The San Jose Zoo/ and Park. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast. The zoo is pretty small, but the park is really quite nice. Lots for kids to do, rides and so forthe as well. For them, it was a splendid day.

On our way back from the zoo/park I got my phone call from Brad. I got his address at bootcamp. We couldn't talk very long, and he was very frustrated about that. Apparently he should have had more time to talk but something went awry and he didn't have much time at all. He was really upset about that. I don't know if the guys in his troop screwed up and had time taken taken away (he called them dillholes so I am guessing they did), or that he was last because he was troop leader and the guys in front took more than time than they were supposed to. He is the leader of his flight (group of people he is in bootcamp with). He was happy with that. He said he liked it there and was actually enjoying it. I know it will get to him some days, but he will press through it. I am sending him letters often. I also sent him a phone card, but know he can't use it yet. It will come in handy at some point though. I am going to attend his graduation. I am looking forward to that.

I am awaiting my new computer. I am not very patient when it comes to these things. I am very much an instant gratification shopper, but I couldn't find the system I was looking for "over the counter" so I had to pony up and order one. My system if finally out of pre-production and is in the build stage of production. It took long enough for it to reach that stage, but at least it is there now. Keeping my fingers crossed that it actually comes earlier than their anticipated date. I didn't order any extra software or peripherals for the unit, so they don't have load all that stuff. Just the Windows XP software for me.

Nothing exciting, but an update nonetheless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home