Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday, Monday...

It sure feels like Monday today. I didn't want to get out of bed at all this morning, and my eyes are still feeling somewhat heavy, and unrested. I think I am fighting off some sort of bug, but I had to come in today, or else I would have stayed home.

It was a good weekend, though not terribly exciting. Hubby worked Saturday, and I spent most of the day trying to clean out our room. All the extraneous junk in my house is driving me absolutely mad. I cleaned out our closet which produced 3 trash bags full of donations for the Goodwill store. I organized in there, and it is now safe to walk in to that closet once again. I gave our room a thorough cleaning which included throwing tons of junk away, cleaning the corners, shampooing the rug (including under the bed). I am amazed at how many kids toys there were in our room hiding here and there. I really had a goal of cleaning the kids rooms this weekend, but that didn't happen. It took too long for me to get ours done. The kids were hardly letting me work any longer than 10 minutes at a time without some sort of "need" or interruption which required my assistance. I finished cleaning the room on Sunday and then we took the kids and dog to the park. The kids rode the ponies. It was a glorious day and it was good to spend it at the park. I was trashed when I came home though. I had a headache and wasn't feeling up to snuff. I went to bed at 4:00 and reluctantly got up at 7:00. After getting kids in showers and stuff ready for school on Monday, I went back to bed at 9:00. As said earlier, I am still not feeling up to scratch today.

My dad had a PET scan two weeks ago. He got the results which indicated that the current trial medication he is isn't doing much for the small growths that are back in his chest. He is going to start IV chemotherapy again this Friday. It is the same meds he was on the first time, which seemed to do pretty darn well. The doctor's choice a long time ago would have been radiation, but he has already had that on the chest, and can't get radiation there again. I will take him to that appointment, which is going to be a long time I know. I will bring my new laptop with me to pass the time. I wonder if they are on wireless internet there? Hopefully I will be able to pick up a signal there. If not, I will just have to game I guess, and maybe work on entering some genealogy data that I haven't entered in a very long time.

My nephew Brad is currently starting his 3rd week of boot camp today. I bought my tickets and reserved my hotel room to attend his graduation from that. I am looking forward to go to that. It is a non-refundable ticket so I hope he doesn't get sick or something which would delay his graduation. I have decided though, I am going regardless. I have already paid for everything, so I will go and have a good time anyway. I think he will be graduating anyway, but you just never know. San Anotonio TX is where Lackland AFB basic training is located. I have mentioned San Antonio to several people and they say it is beautiful there. I have my doubts, since it is TX, but I have never really spent any time in TX, so I don't really know for sure one way or another. I will be gone for a total of 5 days. I will probably miss my family like crazy, but it will be a fun adventure too. I promise to take lots of pictures and to take in all I can of San Antonio. Right now I have a room all to myself, but it is double occupancy. I may share it with Brad's mom, if she needs a room. She is such a negative pessimist that it kind of drives me crazy. There is a certain part of me which thinks having a room all to myself (something unheard of these days) thinks this sounds like luxury!

Better get some work done

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home